Friday, May 28, 2010

Marko Update

I just wanted to send the latest news from Marko for our praying friends. He had the most terrible time getting to Houston, had to spend the night in Chicago...and ended up missing his first appointment time but we are trusting the Lord's timing in all of this. Here's what Mark just sent me,


So far, so good. Dr. Patel assured me that this cancer is nothing to lose
sleep over. He said what I had 25 years ago was level 3 -- a big problem,
but by comparison this would be a level 1 -- not a problem. He also thinks
my shoulder issue is unrelated. He went on to say that there are treatment
options, starting with surgery to make sure they got it all. Another
option if the surgery is difficult or too extensive for the area is
radiation. He also said there is a fairly new drug (I believe he said some
sort of chromosome therapy) that is also very effective. He thinks surgery
is the cleanest option for me, but will have to confirm that with the
surgeons.

So I'm now going through all the preparatory tests -- X-rays, blood work,
and another CT scan. Hopefully these will yield no surprises and the next
step will be to meet with surgeons.

So it's time for a big prayer of thanks. But don't stop praying til it's
over!


I'm liking the sound of that email!! Please do keep praying for the new CT results, that they would also be found clear as they were in Thailand. I'll let you know when he has a definite plan and surgery date.

Much love to each of you!
JoRonda

2 comments:

Crystal said...

thanks for the update. i'l keep praying

The Reader said...

Praying! Glad for a positive update!!