Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Can Make Me Cry


There are so many mixed feeling wrapped up in the Christmas season and sometimes it does make me cry. I cry because I miss Abbie, Dusty, Granddaddy, Uncle Quenten and this will be the first Christmas without Nanaw. I think of all the soldiers that are away from their families this Christmas fighting for me and you and for the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. I especially lift up Amber as she is away from her husband this Christmas and has two little ones in Germany. I have a new friend here, Laure' and this is her first Christmas away from her two daughters and her 6 grandchildren. I don't know that it ever get easier to be away from family at Christmas. I will miss you Mom and Dad. I miss our special Christmas times with Mike, Kristy, Hunter and Avery. I'm sad that we can't have a Northcutt Christmas. I'll miss Lavon and her family, especially watching Jaelee grow and change, seeing Christmas through her eyes. I do miss home at Christmas.

It does make me cry that it required God sending His son as a babe for me to eventually die because of the sin in my life. I truly am amazed that God would think that you and I would be worth that. I love this song because sometimes Christmas makes me cry too.

No comments: