Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's feeling real

The movers came early this morning and we started sorting through our belongings, dividing goods to be air shipped, things to be placed on container for sea-passage and what we will leave in storage here in Virginia. It's really starting to feel real now-we are moving half way around the world! It's sounded exotic and exciting to be moving to Thailand and now the reality of leaving family, friends and all the comforts we know and enjoy of home are setting in. We will miss our life on Loth Lorian in Virginia. We all are feeling a little apprehensive and stressed. Yesterday, one of our pastors talked about the command that is most mentioned in the Bible, "Do not fear." It was so sweet to be comforted by God's word. we will so miss the teaching we have enjoyed at Grace Church over the last 3 1/2 years. Today, as our friends the Durants were leaving,after staying with us this weekend, they left the boys and I with a charge from Proverbs to, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Most of us have had that memorized for years but it is so profound and so comforting. Please pray for us as we trust the Lord and the direction our life path is taking.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

Hey Girl,

Your blog looks great! Wow, you are soo far ahead of me when I started :) I mean mine was just a page with words. I had no idea that you did other things with blogs.

Anyway, I am sad that you are now gone. Well, not officially for three days but I won't see you again so you are sadly gone to me. Please, please keep the blog updated. I want to see pictures and hear details! It keeps you closer to home.

As for slide shows check out:
www.onetruemedia.com - that walks you through everything. Or check out www.slide.com if you don't want to use music. They do better slide shows in my opinion but One True Media lets you put video with the slides and lets you add music.

Let us know when you arrive!

Caroline King said...

The King's family prayers will be with you! I am so sorry I missed seeing you all when in Virginia. God is so good to hedge our way when needed even though we do not know the reasons at the time. May he continue to lead you in the house buying, school situation and settling process. I hope you take loads of pictures to remember Thailand and the world with--post them when you can. Your pictures of the boys are wonderful, they are a good looking bunch--how they have grown!

Rachael said...

I was just browsing through friends of friends blogs and came across your blog. Are you moving to Bangkok? I actually just got back in the states after living in Bangkok. Yes the streets are very crowded and there aren't many sidewalks places. Transportation there is pretty cheap (taxi's, motorbike taxi's, and BTS). If you have any ??? please don't hesitate to ask me. mckailamommie@yahoo.com. Enjoy Thailand and good luck with your move.