Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Happenings

Last night we participated in a Carol/Nativity presentation at Burapha with a few of our friends. Shivana, from Australia and Lisa from Indonesia just decided a couple of weeks ago, "Why don't we get together, sing some carols, and act out the Nativity scene?" It grew to a performance on a small stage, instruments, fliers being distributed to the Burapha neighborhood, a sound system, costumes...Considering we just 'threw' it all together, I think it was a success and I think it has lots of potential in the future! The setting was gorgeous and I still catch myself saying, "Wow! I get to live in Thailand!!" I had one of those moments last night as I was snapping a few pictures before performance time-of people getting their make-up on, singers practicing, friends arriving...the thought cross my mind when I was focusing on my photo subject and the palm trees came to my attention in the background of the photos. It was just a gorgeous setting and there was a slight breeze in the air. Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying this weather at the moment For the last month, the mornings and evenings have been cooler. We have not had any rain for weeks, the rainy season is behind us now, the winds have shifted and I would say the weather is just about perfect, all the time!

Anyway, back to our performance. Dustin and Nathan played their violins and Dustin accompanied one of the soloist on 'O Holy Night' from the piano. Mark was such a trooper, the only man who participated, but you know how the Northcutt's like those Christmas Carols. I was so thankful for Mark, we were such a small group we really needed him. I just love that guy! Most of the men didn't even make the performance time because of work. Mark had to rearrange his work schedule and rush out to the venue to participate. The night before at a dinner for his management staff his employees were almost begging him to get up and participate in Karaoke, ( that is HUGE here!) and Mark finally consented and got up and sang, Hotel California. He did a great job, I was really proud of him, he's not too proud to just put himself out there!! Our driver commented that he heard Khun Mark singing and could hear his laugh in the parking lot-can't you just hear it too???

Okay, back to the performance! I keep getting off-track. It was a whole family affair, Ethan was a wise man in the Nativity and joined us for carols. I hope that our small crowd enjoyed the evening and I was so excited that we were asked to join in. Here's a few pictures from last night.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

And the Savior was glorified! It only takes 1 to proclaim His name, and the whole world watches and wonders, even those Off Crocodile Lane in Thialand. I'm so thankful that God provided such a great opportunity for each of you, and you took it. Yeah for Mark's singing. I'm proud of him too.
Blessing,
Vivian