Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Begins (2) Nathan's View

School started nice and early when I woke up at 6:30 as Dustin jumped out of the top bunk so that he could work out before school. I got up, ate breakfast, showered, and got into my school uniform. We loaded up into the car I couldnt wait to hang out with people (mostly guys that I play airsoft with) at school. I said hello to some people that I knew then headed up to my form (the form is the class where teachers tell us news, welcome new students ect.... we have it every morning). We were in our form for a really long time with nothing to do. A guy asked me if I like sports I told him, "Yeah, but I mostly play adventure sports (snowboarding, wakeboarding, airsoft, paintball, mountain biking, swimming, archery, hunting, bowhunting ect...) A guy's eyes next to me light up as soon as I said airsoft. I asked him if he played and he said yes. He started telling me about his equipment, gear, gun, ect... In the end it turned out that I had played with him several times and that we both had been playing airsoft for a really long time. (me five years, him three). I found out that there were lots of guys in my grade that love airsoft along with several people that I already knew. I was even asked to play on Saturday with them but I had already played two times last week and that's plenty (according to mum and dad..... lol if you know what I mean).

I went to my maths class (yes it's called maths) we have a pretty cool teacher. As soon as we said we were Americans he wanted to know if we had ever shot a gun. I didn't know what to expect after Dustin answered him saying that we had on many, many different occasions. My heart pumping I was getting ready for war (it's happened before with teachers) the hunter (me) vs. anit-hunter. He said in awe in front of the whole class "In Australia, (he's australian) it's really hard to get guns (permits ect...), I've always wanted to get one but I haven't been able too yet. I really want to go hunting." I almost fell out of the chair (how cool is this school so far? I mean come on, these guys are tight). He is the coolest man in Regents so far (our school's name) he is a great maths teacher. He wants us to work neat and do well. Perfect.

We then went to ICT class (computer class) the teacher was a young guy (good sign). He was telling us that he wanted us to design a power point slide of what we liked (hobbies, sports, food ect...). That's easy and fun. We were all working on this when the dreaded ICT teacher walks in... (My heart stopped I couldn't breathe). She tells the whole class in her extremely annoying way, "I need six guys to come to my class I only have one student at the moment" I almost ran out of the room to "use" the bathroom lol, it's a very good tactic. She started walking around the class with her eyes scanning the room looking for her victim that she would devour with tons of homework and terrible instructions later in the year. I looked down not breathing I motioned for my new friend (Peir from Denmark) and Dustin to do the same. We didn't move as she walked past us and picked the remaining guys she needed. None of us were chosen (SCORE!!!!). I was so happy I thought I would cry.. No, I'm joking.

Today we only had two classes (not including our form) so it's still hard to tell about Regents it'll be cool though. Ill try to post more tomorrow.
-Nathan N.

1 comment:

The Reader said...

Neat to hear about it from your perspective. Thanks for posting. (a friend of your mom...)