Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mom in Thailand

It was so wonderful to have my Mom here with us for two weeks. She is back home safe and sound and we are so grateful. When she left she said she wasn't ever coming back, "TOO FAR!" but I'm hoping her experience is similar to childbirth, that she forgets the pain of that long flight and will return for another visit. Two weeks just isn't enough, it takes about 4-5 days just to get over the jet-lag and there is so much to see. I posted the few pictures I have of our time with her, she took the rest home on her camera. I forgot to download them. I've also included the pictures we took of our 'new' house my parents reminded me that I had never posted some. One of the neat thngs about my Mom coming is now when we talk about our home here, the school, our friends....she has a picture of all that in her memory. I think it helps her to share in our Thailand experience in a whole new way! We were all sad to see her go especially Nok, realizing she may never see her again and really devoloping a friendship with her. Love you Mom so much and thanks for making the LONG trip over, please pray for her, we sent her home with Dustin and Nathan's cold and she didn't feel well when I spoke with her this morning.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow made with Smilebox

3 comments:

Curtis and Lavon said...

Thanks for the photos...and so HAPPY that mom did make it and arrive back to US ground safely!!! Looks as if you guys had a grand time!! Your home is beautiful!!! Still enjoy your blog...more than you know!!! Please keep them coming!

chris and becky jobe said...

While you are so far away and we haven't seen you in person in several years, your blog keeps us up to date on all of your adventures (blessings). Please keep them coming.

The Northcutt's: said...

Thanks girls for the encouragemet. Becky didn't even know that you still checked in! I'm thinking next summer for sure I must see you guys-miss you all!