Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baptism

Saturday was exciting on several fronts, not only did Nathan return home safely but earlier in the day I had the pleasure of attending a baptism service with our Koh Si Chang fellow congregation. Several of the members from our church here in Pattaya travelled via the 40 minute ferry for a time of celebration and fellowship with our friends. We all enjoyed a wonderful Thai meal together before taking a Song-tao over to the public beach on the small island. We sang several praise songs along the sand beside other sun-worshipers as we worshipped the Son!! Six members of their small congregation were baptized in the Bay of Thailand. It was especially exciting to see one of my friends, Nok's (not my housekeeper, a different one)husband be baptized. She was the first believer in her family and her husband and mother have both come to Christ in the last two years, we are still praying for her sister. There is a picture of their small hair shop where they are proudly displaying their faith for all to see in their small village or Moo Bahn. Also, Nok, my housekeeper and her son joined us for the afternoon. I just can't tell you how excited I was about that! For her to get to see even more Thai believers! She asked what baptism means and I was able to give her an explanation in English and then the Thai Presbyterian pastor from Pattaya who also joined us for the day then explained baptism in Thai. He was so encouraging to her and kind, she wants to visit his church this Sunday!!!! Woohoo!! I'm just rejoicing as I see the Lord drawing Nok to himself more and more!! I promised her that I would attend with her this Sunday. Please keep praying for my sweet puean, Nok. I look at her Peem, who is only 4 years old and it's hard not to dream about Nok and her family coming to Christ and Peem growing up his entire life proclaiming Christ in Thailand-Oh Lord! Let it be so!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Koh Si Chang Baptisms
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow made with Smilebox

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love reading your blog. Sometimes it gives me right encouragement i need. Thanks, love you all

Shannon said...

Hi there,

How did things go on Sunday? And I assume Mark is back safe and sound, and you are almost all back together in the same city?

Praying for you all!
Shannon