Saturday, June 19, 2010

Marko

A few of you have asked about the completion of Mark's latest trial. He returned a week ago from MD Anderson with an excellent pathology report and an impressive incision! We are so thankful to have our sweet Daddy home, we sure need him around here. When we were anxiously awaiting the initial CT results knowing that if there was already metastasis the prognosis was grim, Ethan asked, "Mom, who would answer all my hard questions if something happened to Dad?" My thoughts exactly...we look to Mark for spiritual guidance, wisdom, a model of what unselfish love really looks like, a hard work ethic, and always a hearty laugh for our ears, amongst a myriad of other things. The Lord has done great things for us! One being giving me such a wonderful, Godly husband when I was just a wee, unsuspecting, naive, thing! and for giving my boys such an amazing Daddy. Happy Father's Day Marko-we love you!!

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Mike and Kristy for stepping in and filling in for me when I couldn't be with Mark in Houston. Thanks for allowing Mark to stay with you, all the delicious meals, the updates from the surgery waiting room, and your loving care as he recovered in your home. We love you!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

i'm so glad he is doing alright

Vivian said...

Wow, the surgeon spared no skin or stitches with that one.

I still have the picture of Mark sitting on the front steps of your Little Redwood house in Texas with Abbie, Dustin, and Nathan. When I saw that picture, I knew that God had answered your prayers in great and mighty ways.

Kristin said...

Praise God for the good report!! And I'm so glad you have everyone safely back home with you.