Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mark's Surgery



Mark met with the his surgeon Thursday morning and his surgery was scheduled and came about really quickly. He was given the 0700 slot for Friday morning and we are so grateful it is all behind us now! They feel confident that all the existing tumor was removed and they did not have to remove any muscle in his shoulder blade and for that we are so grateful! His brother, Mike acted in my behalf since I was unable to be there. He assured me he was patting Mark's hand while keeping me constantly posted! It was a little nerve-racking being so far away and just sitting here anxiously awaiting each of Mike's updates! I spoke with Mark this morning/his Friday night and he was at Mike and Kristy's resting with his biggest complaint being his sore throat. The Lord has graciously answered our prayers, "We will praise and thank the Lord who is our very present help in times of trouble, who is a strong and mighty tower and we will run to Him AND NOT BE AFRAID.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, of whom shall I be afraid?"
Thank you again for lifting us up in prayer during this trial. Hopefully he will be returning to Thailand next Friday. Nathan returns tonight at 12 midnight!! and we could potentially be 4/5 back together by next weekend!! Over the last few weeks we have all been spread out over 4 CONTINENTS!! I can hardly wait for all of us to be back together!

3 comments:

Becca said...

I am SO glad everything went well!!! I've been thinking about you guys and I miss you all so much!!


Hugs to Mark and all the kiddos!

Crystal said...

yay, im happy too

Debbie G said...

I have been anxiously checking for updates. So glad for the quick resolution! I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to be so far away. Rejoicing with you in the great news. God is awesome!