Thursday, August 28, 2008

Answered Prayer




It seems like there is so much to post and now my life is getting busier and I'm having a hard time keeping up with it all. I have to tell you about the Clarkson family, I really think of them as answered prayer. The first time we visited the International Church of Pattaya, when we pulled into the parking lot, a family with three boys were getting out of their vehicle. We instantly had a connection, they have just moved here about 5 weeks ago from Fredricksburg, VA with GM. Their three boys are Drew-14, Ethan-10 and Carter-7 and all the guys became fast friends. Right away she invited us over for grilled hamburgers and then we had them over for a swim date. We quickly found an amazing connection, a God thing!! She mentioned that her Dad has travelled to Thailand 33 times in his job with a corn seed company. He lives in North Carolina. I told her that we were raised in TX where a lot of corn is grown and she said her Dad grew up in a couple of small towns in TX-Littlefield and Hereford!! That is our old stomping ground. In less than 24 hours one of her aunts was calling my mother to ask if she had a daughter in Thailand, I think they were checking us out! I just love connections like that, man, it is a small world and God is so good to send us just the right friends, answered prayer! Today, we went to lunch to celebrate her birthday. Not only has she become a fast friend she seems to have been instrumental to our finding 'the' house for us. I don't want to say too much because we are waiting to sign the contract, hopefully tomorrow. God just wasn't opening the door to that golf-course home by the boys school, it just seemed to be stalling, it boiled down to our realtor having a history with the home owner, he used to be the previous manager of the property. Once I called the owner directly and she conveyed to me that she wanted to deal with us without our particular realtor it seemed to speed things up a tad but there had continued to be a lot of back and forth tag about the security system. Mark really has stuck to his guns concerning a security system since day one because he has to be gone a good deal of time. Last week while the owner was still waffling about the security system, Mark and I just decided to start looking again. Molly, my new friend had told me about some houses near her. The Clarkson's have a beautiful property with a nice, new home, 2 bedroom guest house, pool house, tropical garden...you get the picture. So we began the home search anew and I think we finally have a home!! I will tell you all about it in future postings if the deal goes through but suffice it to say The Clarkson family has been such an answer to prayer.

3 comments:

The Reader said...

So glad to read this good report! Praying the new house goes through and that it turns out to be THE perfect place for y'all. And laughing at how yet again your journey so closely parallels mine.

Dorinda said...

Hey Girl -

Can't wait to see pics of the new house! I'm very excited for you and glad that you have met some new friends. I will be praying for the whole family in the coming years.

Love ya and miss ya tons especially in care group - Kaitlyn begins school on Tuesday and nothing has changed - keep praying for us too!

Dorinda

Becca said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys may have found a new home!! I might be heading to DC in January for a week or two and it makes me sad you guys aren't there. But I know the Lord has purpose for you there! Maybe one day we'll make it out there and get some more of that giblet gravy!