Thursday, August 21, 2008

Friends and Family

A few weeks before leaving VA we drove down to TX to say our good-byes to family. I'm posting some pictures from our farewells. Then I happened to take some pictures of some of our wonderful friends that helped in the final stages of moving, I didn't take pictures of everyone that helped in one way or other but I did get some. I've been meaning to get some thank you notes in the mail but I'll take the chance now to publicly thank some of you. I want to thank The Harrells, The Torberts, The Fultzs and The DiAntonios for the meals you provided, the help sorting through books, the taking of the boys for diversion, the offers to help paint,the tea breaks, the airplane goody bags...you guys are the best! I also included a couple of pictures of the neighbor ladies night out, what fun! Thanks to Mary and Annette for the fun farewell lunches. A special thanks to Miss Turner and her send-off packages. I can't believe I don't have a picture of the Fultz family who were loading and hauling stuff out of our house at 11pm the night before we left. Somehow there is not one picture of them at their house hosting our Grace going away party either-unbelievable! Thanks to Kristy Shepherd for meeting us at the airport the day we departed to take the pick-up and everything that was in the back of it too!! We love you all, thank you for all your acts of kindness and dear friendships.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to read about the lovely send off and all the help you had leaving the States. Your beautiful family has cultivated many friendships here and you must know that already you are sorely missed! Good luck with getting settled in, and keep posting to the blog - it is a wonderful way for all of us to vicariously experience the Northcutt Thai Adventure! Love and Kisses to all of you, and may the Lord bless you and keep you in His care.

Dorinda said...

You figure it out! Got the pictures and the slide shows in the same posts :) Looks great - I told you it wasn't hard!!

For some reason your new posts aren't coming up in Google Reader - I've subscribed to your blog so it will tell me when you have news posts but it's not coming up. Ugh. So, I have to actually remember to come check so forgive me if and when it's been a while :) Miss ya!